Train to Become a Certified First Aid/CPR
New Settlement Community Center is offering CPR (or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) classes for anyone ages 17 and older in need of certification or interested in improving their knowledge of lifesaving techniques.
Train to Become a Certified Lifeguard
You must demonstrate some swimming skills to qualify for this class
- You should be at least 16 years of age on or before the last day of the course.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously.
- Be able to tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim to a starting point and surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Must be able to return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back returning to the initial starting point.
- Candidates will enter and exit the water without a ladder or use of steps.
- Candidates must attend, be prepared and be on time for ALL sessions.
Get Re-Certified with the Lifeguard Challenge Class
In order to take part in a lifeguard challenge, your certification must be close to expiration and still active. Participants must be ready to swim 300 yards continuously, perform 3 saves using the correct entries.
Lifeguards must be prepared to recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies using CPR/AED on a manikin.
*Please note classes are held a couple of times a year. Gives us a call at 718-758-5901 for more information*
Upcoming Training Sessions
First Aid/CPR Course
|October 8th, 2021||3 P.M. – 8 P.M.|
|November 12th, 2021||3 P.M. – 8 P.M.|
|December 10th, 2021||3 P.M. – 8 P.M.|