New Settlement Community Center Policies Contract
- A valid membership for each person must be presented in order to gain access into the Community Center.
- Photo ID is required for all visitors of the Community Center.
- APP ID’s or Key Tags must be presented and scanned to gain access to the Community Center at the time of the class or program.
- Membership and program privileges are not transferable from one person to another.
- Unless an organizational error, we do not offer credit, refunds or makeup classes.
- Prorated pricing is not available, regardless of your start date
- Membership dues must be up to date in order to use the facility.
- Class registration fees must be paid in advance.
- Rates and schedules are subject to change.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a Parent/Adult Guardian. YOUTH between 12 and 18 YEARS OF AGE must have parental consent.
GUEST PASSES can be used after valid photo ID is presented. Guest passes are valid for a one time use and must be surrendered at the front desk
CAMERA POLICY: For the privacy and security of all – especially our children – we do not allow any photo or video recording without the permission of our Executive Director.
PETS are not permitted in the facility, unless they are service animals.
- Lockers are available for the use of those participating in pool activities. Lockers are for daily use only. Please bring your own lock. Please secure your belongings; we are not responsible for lost or stolen possessions.
• If your child is under 12 years of age and of the opposite gender, please use the Family Locker Room.
- All guests during family and lap swim must pay a $5 fee to enter the facility.
Everyone’s Safety is important to us. We ask that you abide by our pool guidelines.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the Pool Deck, without a blue cover. You may walk barefooted or with flip flops.
2. Everyone in the pool must wear a Swim Cap; swim suits must be worn in the water. Men’s suits must have the white mesh linings.
3. Children 8 years old and younger must be within arms’ reach of parent/adult guardian who is in the water with them during family and lap swim
4. Children between the age of 9 and 11 must have a parent /adult guardian 18 and older on the pool deck during family and lap swim. There must always be a ratio of one adult to two children when in the water.
5. All non- swimmers must remain in the shallow end of the pool.
- You may be asked to take a swim test in order to swim in the deeper water.
7. Any child wearing a back pack must remain in the shallow end of the pool.
8. Infants and children who are not fully toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
9. Breath holding under water for an extended period of time is not allowed and may lead to loss of conscious.
- Inflatable rings, balls, water wings, noodles or other large pool toys are not permitted.
11. Instructional swim aids (kickboards/barbells/pull buoys/noodles) are only for class use.
12. During swim classes, Parents/Guardians of participants 11 years of age and under must be on site and reachable. You are able to be present for the first and last learn to swim classes.
13. Everyone must take a shower in the locker room before entering the pool. Please make sure all children have used the rest room before entering the pool.
14. Please do not have your child eat for at least 30 minutes before going into the pool.
15. All questions regarding the Aquatics policies/procedures should be directed to the Aquatics Director.
- Family Room
- Purpose of the family room is for Parents who have children of the opposite sex to have a place to change their child. We ask that if your child is of the same gender as you to please change them in the appropriate locker room; either the Men’s or Women’s locker room.
- Locker/Locker Rooms
- The lockers are used for participant’s personal belongings. Please use them instead of leaving your or your child’s belongings on the benches and floors.
b. The locker rooms are a place where people can change and shower before and after their swim. Please do not use them as a place to wait for your child’s class to be over. We have chairs outside the locker rooms as well as chairs upstairs in the lobby.
- On your child’s first day you will meet his/hers instructors and be able to observe the class and once again on your child’s last class. Please do not come out onto the deck during your child’s class time, or peek in through the locker doors. Opening of the locker room doors during class time creates draft for the children in the water and also a disruption of the classes.
- During our busy times like Saturday please be courteous of the other participants and take brief showers so no one is waiting too long for the shower.
PLEASE DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHILD EAT AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR BEFORE CLASS AND DO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILD HAS USED THE RESTROOM BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.
New Settlement Community Center Code of Conduct Contract
New Settlement Community Center wishes to promote healthy living by:
- Showing respect for one another and equal treatment of all people.
• Adopting courtesy and avoiding improper behavior such as use of profanities, insults, vulgar language, bullying nor play fighting.
• Showing respect for the community center by not littering, defacing property, graffiti and spitting.
• Refraining from bringing in glass bottles and gum.
• Refraining from using alcohol or drugs before coming to or at the center
• Dressing appropriately for all activities.
The Center will be a safe space for all to enjoy. Violent behavior will not be tolerated. Failure to comply with the above may result in revocation of membership and access to the community center will be denied. The center reserves the right to revoke membership and access at its discretion. I have read and understand the above policies and code of conduct and will explain it to all members of my family.
New Settlement Community Center Information/Photo/Video/Interview Consent
I hereby authorize the New Settlement Community Center, New Settlement Apartments Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc. (“Ailey”), and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns and designees to make, record and use film, video or photographs of me or my family members during New Settlement Community Center and Ailey programs as well using information about, and quotes by, me or my family members for the purposes of publicizing and promoting the missions and programs of New Settlement Community Center and Ailey in any media now known or ever developed, throughout the world and in perpetuity.
I give permission to be photographed or otherwise recorded during events and activities and for any and all such photographs and recordings to be used and displayed by the New Settlement Community Center and Ailey in any media now known or ever developed, throughout the world and in perpetuity.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless the New Settlement Community Center, Ailey, and their respective affiliates, directors, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims, damages or liabilities pertaining to the use of my and my family members’ likeness, personal information, quotes, voice, name, photographs, video, and/or images . I understand that this Information/Photo/Video/Interview release will be binding upon me and my family members.
I have read the foregoing and fully understand the contents thereof.