Ballin’ Against Gentrification!
It’s basketball season again at CASA!! We are excited to announce that we will be having our 2nd Basketball Tournament on Saturday, April 21st! So mark your calendars and check out how to help make it a success! You can:
Form a Team! Grab a few friends to help you raise $100 to support CASA and show off your skills on the court! Make sure to register here too (you can also potentially join a team the day of) !! All skill levels are welcome.
Sponsor a team! Want to support CASA but not play? Get a few friends to help you raise $ to support CASA and cheer on those sweating on the court whether you can do so in person or not. This will also help teams from the neighborhood play!
We are as dedicated as ever to building tenant power in the Bronx to fight for the City we love. We are in it for the long haul and we know you are too! Every dollar raised from the tournament helps us win critical fights for Bronx residents and tenants across the city. Show your love for CASA today and form a team/section!
Join us Saturday, April 21st, 2-6:30pm
New Settlement Community Campus
1501 Jerome Avenue (entrance on Goble Place)
- Make sure to register here!
- All games will be 3 on 3. The tournament will include an exhibition round of 5 minutes, followed by elimination rounds that are 12 minutes (these times are estimates and are subject to change).
- Team will call their own fouls and community refs will help confirm fouls and clear up disputes.
- ALL skill levels and experience welcome. You must be 18 years or older to play. Teams can be co-ed.
- Teams must have a minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 if you want a substitute player. This is a fundraiser, so all teams are expected to fundraise at least $100 to join ($25 per person), but further fundraising is encouraged!
- Team Sponsors have no minimum or maximum participants. This is a fundraiser, so all Sponsors are expected to fundraise at least $100 , but further fundraising is encouraged!