New Settlement Apartments is pleased to announce a scholarship program for participants entering college in fall 2019. Students are invited to apply for a scholarship award of up to $6,000, to be used toward college-related expenses, including tuition and room and board. Several awards will be made!
If you meet the following guidelines, you are eligible—and encouraged—to apply.
- You must have participated in one-on-one advising at New Settlement’s College Access Center or the Taft Educational Campus (ex. Bronx High School of Business, Bronx Collegiate Academy, DreamYard Preparatory School, or Claremont International High School).
- Students in high school must be graduating seniors. Young adults may be high-school graduates or HSE candidates.
- You must be planning to enter college as a first time freshman (never attended college) in fall 2019 and to be enrolled full-time at a public or private four-year college/university or a two-year college.
- You should only apply for this scholarship if you anticipate that your college expenses will not be fully covered by the federal, state, and institutional aid that you will receive.
The scholarship application must be completed online. Before filling out the online application, please:
- Print and review the PDF version of New Settlement’s Scholarship for Excellence
- Print and review the 2019 Scholarship Checklist
- Prepare all of the necessary documents as the form cannot be saved and completed at another time.
All completed application forms must be submitted and received by Sunday, June 30, by 11:59 pm. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact Allison Palmer via email at email@example.com.