JOB SUMMARY: The Job Developer will provide support to participants ages 17-24 from the beginning of the program throughout their entire stay. Responsible for providing participants with career exploration, and job readiness services along with relevant job placements and career-building opportunities for YouthBuild students.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain partnerships in the public and private sectors that will provide career opportunities that are aligned with YouthBuild students’ interests and goals
- Assist YouthBuild staff members and students to identify and schedule career-related guest speakers, site visits, job shadow experiences, and informational interviews
- Participate in the facilitation of job club
- Develop and oversee an internship program for students
- Interview students relative to placements being sought
- Meet with trainees at regular intervals to learn their job and career goals or immediate needs
- Plan and organize job search skills workshops including interviewing, resume preparation, and other skills
- Work with director in marketing the program to potential employers. This will include developing and making presentations about YouthBuild.
- Ensure trainees are prepared before going to job interviews, and conduct follow-up assessments.
- Connect trainees with viable job opportunities
- Work closely with employers of students to maximize student employment retention and success
- Provide evaluation, conciliation, and mediation between employer and employee post job placement
- Network in the public and private sectors to promote awareness and enhance the reputation of the YouthBuild program
- Work as a staff member of the student services team
- Contribute to YouthBuild program refinements in ways that meet employers needs and expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct intake interviews of all candidates to assess their likely for program participation and completion as well as to determine any potential limitations/barriers that may hinder performance.
- Hold youth accountable to realize the goals they articulate in their ISP, through regular schedule meetings with participants, using a task-oriented support strategy.
- Conduct job readiness workshops, host college and career fairs and other events to facilitate pathway to graduation and post-secondary instruction or employment
- Provide in-depth career counseling and assessments and assist with the job search and job placements
- Design and facilitate weekly peer-group meetings and/or workshops on life-skills, job readiness and leadership development competencies based on the YouthBuild program model
- Participate in staff-development trainings provided through our networks and partnerships, and representing the program in settings with partners and colleagues, as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in the social sciences, business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working with young adults in a non-mandated program in a community-based setting.
- Job development and placement experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuasively present program and trainees.
- Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to a multiracial and multicultural group of young people. Experience in planning and conducting training sessions or workshops.
- High energy and motivation to help young people succeed
- Bilingual skills (Spanish-English) are a plus.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for employment. Proof of vaccination is required upon hiring. Applicants may seek medical or religious exemption from this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$50,00.00 – $55,000.00 per year
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.all jobs