Resources for High School Students and Young Adults
College Application Process
College Application Process
- College Fly-in Programs
- College and Career Readiness Newsletter (OPSR)
- CollegeBoard College Planning Guides
- Common App
- The College Navigator
- College Confidential School Finder
Financial Aid Resources
- Student Loans
- FAFSA 4Caster
- Beginner’s Guide to Financial Aid
- GoodCall’s Complete Guide to Financial Aid
- Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Financial Aid 101
- Best Student Loans of 2019 – U.S.News
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program: This is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 30th class in 2018, the Foundation has provided over 6,000 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $66 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
- New York Ramblers Soccer Scholarship: This scholarship opportunity is for student athletes pursuing higher education who are committed to serving the LGBTQI community either as members or demonstrated allies. They hope that this financial support will positively reinforce their pride in the community and assist them as they follow their educational and career ambitions. Awardees receive a one-time scholarship, paid directly to their school, covering tuition and fees. Up to two scholarships of $2,500 are awarded every summer.
- Global Citizen Curtis Scholarship: The 2018 Curtis Scholarship is an annual leadership development program to support youth ages 16-20 from underserved communities in the U.S. or U.K. who embody the values of global citizenship. Curtis Scholars will be invited to join a 10-day learning trip to South Africa, and one advocacy trip to Global Citizen Week Events in NYC. Joined by members of the Global Citizen staff, the Curtis Scholars will explore social issues, innovative international organizations and cultural sites with a focus on poverty alleviation in Global Citizen’s issue areas. Their mission is to foster global citizenship through empowering youth from underrepresented groups with the skills and tools to become dynamic change-makers for local to global impact.
- Dorothea Deitz Endowment Memorial Scholarship: Initiated to encourage young women in New York to pursue careers in the physical education teaching profession.
- Linda Riddle/SGMA Endowed Scholarship: Established to provide young female athletes of limited financial means the opportunity to continue to pursue their sport in addition to their college studies.
- The HBCU Hub Scholarship Program
- NYSACAC Scholarship (Nomination Required)
- New York Road Runners (NYRR) – College Scholarship for 11th Grade Young Women-
- New Visions Scholarship Guide
- FastWeb Scholarship Database
- Municipal Credit Union Scholarship
- Scholarship Plus
- College Xpress
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund