JOB SUMMARY: The acting director will provide continued program leadership and support for a specified time frame during leaves of absences of current staff. For the first half of the assignment, the acting director will focus on CLASP and the second half of the assignment, they will focus on MECA. They will report to and be supervised by the Division Director of Schools and Community Partnerships
The Acting Director has overall accountability for the development and growth, quality, and success of the program operation, its students, and staff. They foster a safe and inclusive atmosphere of fun and learning where the concept of teamwork, creativity, youth advocacy, and sportsmanship can flourish, preparing participants for future and long-term success.
- Oversee high quality after-school and summer camp programming that incorporates New Settlement’s mission and provides students with the opportunity to participate in arts, sports and fitness, recreation, community service, academic enrichment and leadership development programming.
- Recruit, enroll and retain students to meet and exceed the required enrollment and rate of participation expectation of our funders.
- Responsible for supervision, operations, programming and evaluation of assigned site(s); coverage areas include program planning, program development and implementation, supportive counseling/case management, assessment, team building, and staff development.
- Work with and meet regularly with principal and school partner(s) on program updates, sharing of program data and progress and to address mutual issues of concern.
- Maintain collegial relationships with funders, parents, local organizations and regulatory agencies (DOHMH, DOE, & DYCD, 21st Century) and other key stakeholders.
- Serve as a lead in developing a Parent Advisory Board; plan and execute family events and parent meetings.
- Ensure continuous program quality and performance measurement.
- Monitor purchases and inventory of all program related expenses; prepare and monitor program budgets, petty cash, and payroll.
- Maintain registration, attendance, surveys and questionnaires, and comply with School Age Child Care (SACC), Department of Education (DOE), Department of Health and Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD), and 21st Century/State funding requirements.
- Ensure input of data in all databases (DYCD and others) and submit reports, in a timely manner
- Support and enhance a culture that respects and honors diversity, invests in professional development and encourages self-care.
- Be an active and engaged participant in division-wide, agency-wide and project team meetings
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Able to commit to 9–12-month assignment
- Ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds, knowledgeable and respectful of different cultural practices and beliefs.
- Extensive experience with youth development, after school/extracurricular settings with middle school and high school aged people.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Applicant must have 3+ years of supervisory experience in a school-based or education setting managing a team of 10 or more.
- knowledgeable and experienced in after school program design and implementation, supervision (including recruiting, selecting, supervising staff) and collaborative partnering.
- Strong passion for working with and developing youth.
- Ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds, knowledgeable and respectful of different cultural practices and beliefs
- Demonstrated experience in program outreach and recruitment, budgeting, performance-based contracting, and compliance with SACC licensing procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to utilize google suite, zoom, google meet and social media platforms.
New Settlement offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes (but not limited to) medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k plan. Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for employment. Proof of vaccination is required upon hiring. Applicants may seek medical or religious exemption from this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$54,000.00 – $87,550.00 per year
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.