New Settlement Community Center is seeking a Teen Coordinator who will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Young Men’s program. The incumbent will monitor aspects of programming: the leadership development, job & career readiness, community development, and outreach partnership development. In addition, the Teen Coordinator will be responsible for advertising and recruiting participants, ensuring proper documentation, reporting, and meeting program goals.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Community Programs in the oversight of program design and implementation.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of participants.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of staff. Support training and career succession plans for the staff team.
- Perform evaluations for the staff to ensure the program maintains a high level of quality and report to the Assistant Director of Center-Based Operations on staff strengths and challenges.
- Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities, and ensuring spaces are clean and supplies are well maintained.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Manage administrative data entry in various systems including coordination of participant paperwork, conducting program surveys, and all other requirements outlined by city agencies, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), New Settlement’s Standards, and all key stakeholders.
- Creates and distributes schedule of all activities and ensures appropriate record keeping and reporting of all youth attendance.
- Create a remote and in person environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of teens.
- Prepare and distribute written materials, including flyers, brochures, newsletters, and postings on school/community bulletin boards.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, New Settlement, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Assists with contract management in accordance with funder requirements, DOE, DOH, OCFS, and applicable labor laws.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate.
- Collaborate and maintain effective relationships with school principals and other applicable school administrations to maximize enrollment in program registration. Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of students, parents and all key stakeholders.
- Establish partnerships with community organizations to enhance the programming.
- Assist in fund development endeavors for New Settlement Community Center.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff and other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing youth programs and supervising staff.
- Background in Youth Development and understanding of social/emotional needs of youth/pre-teens.
- Experience in working with urban youth.
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and ability to follow through with multiple projects.
- Experience with collaborative, team-oriented environments.
- Interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences and effective communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Zoom/Google Classroom).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work evenings, 5 pm – 9 pm, Monday through Friday.
- English and Spanish bilingual a plus.
SCHEDULE: The program operates from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Monday – Friday and during public school breaks.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for employment. Proof of vaccination is required upon hiring. Applicants may seek medical or religious exemption from this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$30.00 – $35.00 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
New Settlement Community Center, Bronx, NYall jobs