|New Settlement Community Center is seeking a Teen Advisor who will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Young Men’s program. The incumbent will monitor and aspects of programming: the leadership development, job & career readiness, community development, and outreach partnership development. In addition, the Teen Advisor will be responsible for advertising and recruiting participants, ensuring proper documentation, and reporting reports, and meeting program goals.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities, and ensuring spaces are clean and supplies are well maintained.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Plan, create and facilitate in person lesson plans, and skill building activities and recreation for the Young Men’s program.
- Manage administrative data entry in various systems including coordination of participant paperwork, conducting program surveys, and all other requirements outlined by City agencies and in New Settlement’s Standards and Program Charts of Work.
- Manage adolescent behavior with respect, maturity, compassion and encouragement.
- Develop positive relationships with the participants, their friends and family members.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff and other departments.
- Create remote and in person environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of teens.
- Assist in fund development endeavors for New Settlement Community Center.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, New Settlement, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.