The New Settlement Community Campus, located in the Mt. Eden section of the Southwest Bronx opened in September 2012. It is a 172,000 sq. ft. community school facility, that combines two new public schools, pre-Kindergarten through grade twelve, special education classrooms, a health clinic, and outdoor play spaces, with an aquatics center, dance studio, green roof learning terrace, cooking classroom and multipurpose spaces.
The Custodian position is part-time working an average of 8-20 hours per week. The Custodian will be responsible for cleaning a designated floor/section of the School.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Empty trash cans.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect laboratory equipment.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Restock toiletries.
- Apply wax to coat floors and buff.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Move furniture for scrubbing and waxing.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Shovel snow from sidewalks and sprinkle salt on surfaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must speak English.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must pass DOE finger printing.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Prior experience a plus.
COMPENSATION: $17 per hour. Average of 8-20 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé and list of three professional references to email@example.com, Subject line should include “Custodian Search,” or mail to Attn: Juan Otero, New Settlement Apartments, 1512 Townsend Ave., Bronx, NY 10452. EEO/AA.
No phone calls please.