The Receptionist plays an important role in the smooth and effective running of the front desk. He/she provides exceptional customer service and is knowledgeable about the various programs offered at NSA. The position requires that he/she greet guests in person and via telephone answering general inquiries, addressing questions and directing to appropriate staff. The ideal candidate will be reliable, friendly and possess a desire to serve others and enjoy playing a support role. He/she should possess excellent problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
Immediate opening. Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Reporting to: Administrative Coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answering a busy twelve line phone system.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing mail and other deliveries.
- Providing backup coverage for the Administrative Assistant.
- Maintaining In/Out Whiteboard.
- Preparing computerized labels and schedules pick-up for UPS overnight mailings.
- Ensuring that there is an adequate supply of paper in the office copiers and fax machines at all times.
- Close office according to procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 2 years Receptionist experience in an office environment preferred.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Flexibility in a highly dynamic environment, with a proven track record of successfully multi-tasking.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent listening and information gathering skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative, as well as ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven composure in difficult situations with the ability to manage and resolve conflict effectively.
- Good knowledge and experience with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Sense of humor and creativity.
- High level of comfort interacting with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
COMPENSATION: $26k, negotiable, depending on experience. Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k).
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to: email@example.com, Subject: “Receptionist Search”. No phone calls, please. EEO/AA