Under general supervision, ensures all necessary equipment is available and ready to use for swimming and pool events. Provides general support to the Aquatics Department under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and Aquatics Coordinator. The Pool Attendant is expected to uphold New Settlement Community Center (NSCC)’s Mission and Vision Statements while providing a high level of customer service, and consistency to both center and staff members.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Monitors pool use during open hours and enforces rules as posted and per Policy document
- Monitors pool use by being actively present during all group swimming classes.
- Maintains safety of guests by regulating use of the pool and facility as per guidelines.
- If a problem arises promptly closes pool to prevent injury or further injury.
- Communicates with all staff, instructors and lifeguards to enhance customer service.
- Report all incidents regardless of severity.
- Documents the name of each instructor and the class they’re teaching.
- Documents the time of each instructor and lifeguard’s entry and exit from the swim area.
- Escorting swimmers to the restroom doors.
- Starting classes on time.
- Provide observation of the classes with supervisory team.
- Mop locker rooms to ensure cleanliness and maintain odor free.
- Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA or American Red Cross) a plus but not required.
- Basic knowledge of swimming and or diving.
- Ability and willingness to enforce policies and handle conflict resolution.
- CPR/First Aid and AED training or ability to obtain certification within 1 month.
- Bilingual communication skills, English and Spanish a must.
- People skills to be able to deal with any situation in a calm and polite manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to swim, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally bend and or stoop.
- The ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- The job is primarily performed in a pool environment.
- Warm temperature and high humidity
- Proximity to chemicals and hazard.
- Moderate to loud noise.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
New Settlement Community Center, Bronx, NY