The New Settlement Community Campus (NSCC), opened in 2012, is located at 1501 Jerome Avenue in the Mount Eden neighborhood of the Bronx. The campus houses three schools: The Mount Eden Children’s Academy/PS 555 serving grades Pre-K to 5th grade, the Comprehensive Model School Project/ CMSP 327, serving grades 6th through 12th grade and P10X, serving children with special needs in grades K through 4th grade. The Campus also houses the New Settlement Community Center that includes a competition-size swimming pool, dance studio, rooftop garden, a cooking classroom and several multipurpose rooms.
The director of community-school partnerships is responsible for supporting the aspirations of the schools’ students and families through partnering with the schools, the larger New Settlement organization and numerous external partners. The director also manages three New Settlement After School Programs, serving children in grades one through twelve.
Support a culture of community building on campus with stakeholders including school principals, parents, teachers, School Safety agents, the Office of Nutrition Services, staff of the on-site Montefiore School Health Clinic, numerous external partners, and the New Settlement Community Center to implement shared goals and objectives.
• Facilitate monthly meetings of the Building Council attended by school stake holders to sustain on-going communication and relationship building
• Promote and support campus-wide activities
• Support parent involvement through the Parent Association, School Leadership Team and After School Parent Advisory Group.
• Serve as liaison, when appropriate, between the New Settlement Community Center and the NSCC schools.
• Identify and cultivate relationships with external partners whose expertise and resources enrich the school community.
Supervise the implementation of New Settlement Afterschool programs
• Work closely with afterschool program directors to implement youth-centered, high quality activities that nurture and encourage youth to discover and develop their interests, skills and talents
• Monitor the progress of contractual goals, develop program models, workplans and staffing plans with program directors
• Ensure on-going professional development for staff, provide coaching to program directors where needed
• Guide the staff hiring process. Recruit and hire staff and establish partnerships.
• Ensure compliance with all safety policies and fulfill the New York State School-Aged Child Care licensing requirements of the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, Division of Child Care Services
• Conduct assessments with program directors to evaluate and strengthen program effectiveness and impact
• Draft budgets, prepare budget amendments, and manage program expenses
• Manage contracts and prepare reports to funders
• Collaborate with school leaders to support and address program development goals
Collaborate with other program directors at New Settlement to promote the mission and goals of the organization.
The Director of Community-School Partnerships reports to the Executive Director of New Settlement.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• A minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in relevant setting. MSW, MEd or other relevant advanced degree highly desirable.
• English/Spanish bilingual skills strongly preferred.
• Community-based youth development, elementary/middle education and/or social work, with a focus on after school programming for youth and families;
• Excellent communication skills (including report writing) and computer literacy (including spreadsheet, word processing and communications technology).
• Contract management experience, especially with the Department of Youth and Community Development, the Office of Children and Family Services and New York State Department of Education.
• A commitment to community building through youth development and education in partnership with parents, educators and other stakeholders and partners.
• Knowledge of NYC Department of Education policies and practices
• Successful experience of collaboration with various stakeholders in a community school environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS OFFERED: The salary for this year-round position is commensurate with experience. New Settlement offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k).
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should include “Director, Community-School Partnerships”
No phone calls and no faxes, please. EEO/AA.