POSITION SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reporting to the Program Director, the Data and Office Manager oversees all administrative and office management functions of the NSA Youthbuild Program while working closely with young adults ages 17.5 – 24 years old. In addition to handling administrative functions, the Data and Office Manager is responsible for fiscal functions and supervises database maintenance. The Data and Office Manager exercises substantial discretion and independent judgment in effecting his/her responsibilities including, but not limited to, handling vendor transactions. Detailed responsibilities are as follows.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DATA/OFFICE MANAGER:
• Day to day responsibilities include overseeing office reception and the student application and intake process
• Provide program information, capture documents and track applications in the enrollment pipeline as well as conduct intake interviews and verify student eligibility
• Manage all internal and external databases and spreadsheets
• Manage student files according to program and contract compliance standards
• Monitor student attendance and performance, maintaining records and data, as well as contacting students who are absent
• Oversee completion and processing of all W9’s
• Provide monthly data reports to Program Director
• Generate reports as required for internal needs and external funding sources
• Track student timesheets and submit for payroll
• Act as liaison with main office regarding administrative matters, incident reports and building management issues
• Order supplies and goods and maintain vendor relationships
• Enter information on students, attendance, activities, scores, and outcomes into spreadsheets and other data as required
• Assist with correspondence, filing, phone answering, copying, and scanning.
• Conduct outreach and program marketing as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree or three years of experience in a related field
• Previous experience working with youth in a community-based setting, using a positive youth development model
• Strong commitment to helping young people succeed in an innovative training program to reorient their lives, nurture their leadership skills, and enable them to make a difference in their community
• Demonstrate ability to connect with and be sensitive to persons with criminal court involvement
• Experience supervising staff is preferred
• Experience developing administrative systems is preferred
• Strong computer skills preferred
• Understanding of the field of career counseling and youth employment training
• Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills- must be detail oriented
• Sense of humor and nonjudgmental attitude
• Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
• Flexible schedule
• Strong speaking and writing in Spanish language preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $32-36k, depending on experience. Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k).
TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include Data/Office Manager in the Subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; this position is available immediately.
No Phone Calls please. EEO/AA.