|Primary responsibility is to provide instruction to students ages 4 and up by assisting them develop specific knowledge and skills in the visual and digital arts, especially in Adobe Creative Suite and/or Procreate. The candidate will supervise, participate and facilitate specialized activities and special event programs and activities.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Supports and enhances a culture that respects and honors diversity, invests in professional development and encourages self-care.
- Design, supervise, participate, and administer recreational activities for children ages 4 and older.
- Partner with agencies and cultural institutions to expand programming by assisting in planning trips, events, and tournaments.
- Plan showcases events or recital highlighting students’ progress in area of expertise.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and program events.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for participants.
- Plan activities and events that are exciting, challenging and value based.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, counselors and other departments.
- Keep records of lesson plans and attendance as needed.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested.
|QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
- High School diploma
- Teaching certification or approval/recommendation to teach from authorized instruction or mentor.
- Previous experience developing and teaching specialized curricula, in Community Based Organization or school age setting/s required.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday 3pm to 5pm and/or Tuesday and Thursday 4:30pm to 8pm
|$35.00 per hour
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|New Settlement Community Center, Bronx, New York